WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Windows 7 beta available fri.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skarekr0
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 242
Field : I.T.
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:10 am

Quote :

Since we are a PC gaming web site we would be remiss if we didn't report that Microsoft's next major Windows OS revamp, Windows 7,
is finally going public. Currently available in beta form for a select
few (or if you know where to look on the Internet) Microsoft used its
CES keynote address on Wednesday night to announce that the beta will
be freely available to download for anyone to install and use on Friday.

While
Microsoft has yet to lock in an official release date for the final
version of Windows 7 it's clear that they would like it to be ready by the holiday season of 2009. There was nothing in the CES keynote about Microsoft's Games For Windows or how Microsoft's program to promote and market PC gaming will work with the new Windows release.
http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/01/08/ces-2009-windows-7-beta-available-on-friday/

Windows 7 Home

-IYAKYAS-
Home PC: I7 920, Asus Rampage II extreme x58, XFX GTX 285 Black Edition, 6 GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600 in Tri Channel, SupremeFX XFI Sound card, V8 CPU Cooler, WD 320 GB 16 MB Cache 7200 RPM(System Drive), WD 1TB 32 MB Cache 7200 RPM (Storage Drive), LG Super Multi Dvd Burner, Ultra X2 750w Dual Rail modular PSU, Custom Storm Sniper Case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ictgeek
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:44 pm

I have the Beta that was released to the Torrent world running in VM for about a week and it looks alot like vista but adds some features that are in OS X on the mac. I will try to grab some screen caps tonight and upload them here. or better yet i will grab the legit beta and post them here later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skarekr0
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Yeah, I downloaded the 6801 build but had a lot of problems with it. At first I couldnt get it to boot properly which turned out to be because my HDMI cable was plugged into my Gpu as well as my 19 inch monitor. After I finally got it to boot correctly it would continually disconnect and reconnect to the network. I didnt take a lot of time to trouble shoot it. I figured it was because I was using an NVidia chipset mother board (incompatible drivers perhaps) and left it at that and now its back to not booting correctly after I changed the boot sequence.
I recently downloaded the 7000 build (which is suppose to be this build) but I havent had the opertunity to install it or play with it.

-IYAKYAS-
Home PC: I7 920, Asus Rampage II extreme x58, XFX GTX 285 Black Edition, 6 GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600 in Tri Channel, SupremeFX XFI Sound card, V8 CPU Cooler, WD 320 GB 16 MB Cache 7200 RPM(System Drive), WD 1TB 32 MB Cache 7200 RPM (Storage Drive), LG Super Multi Dvd Burner, Ultra X2 750w Dual Rail modular PSU, Custom Storm Sniper Case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jlong
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 228

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:32 pm

I just installed windows 98, which is better than this Windows 7 "OS Thingy." I mean come on, 98 is a bigger number than 7 by far so it must be better right? Ive had no problems at all. Well except for the archaic interface. Oh, and all of the incompatibilities with all of my hardware/software. Oh, did I mention how ugly the interface is? Anyway, have fun with your 7 while i roll my 98
lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wtistudents1.forumstech.com
skarekr0
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Thread Killer

-IYAKYAS-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chutson
WTI Regular
WTI Regular

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:31 pm

Jlong wrote:
I just installed windows 98, which is better than this Windows 7 "OS Thingy." I mean come on, 98 is a bigger number than 7 by far so it must be better right? Ive had no problems at all. Well except for the archaic interface. Oh, and all of the incompatibilities with all of my hardware/software. Oh, did I mention how ugly the interface is? Anyway, have fun with your 7 while i roll my 98
lol!

rofl. 98 all the way!!! BOOM HEADSHOT!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:20 am

Chutson wrote:
Jlong wrote:
lol!

98 fits your cardboard case perfectly. As a matter of fact, I would go so far as to say that it compliments it.

-IYAKYAS-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fordtough1995
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:18 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bocsquad.com
skarekr0
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:00 pm

The website I dled mine from labeled it in correctly, So I ended up with 32 bit and not registering all of the RAM is still a problem in Winblowz 7.

-IYAKYAS-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jlong
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 228

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:41 pm

skarekr0 wrote:
Chutson wrote:

lol!

98 fits your cardboard case perfectly. As a matter of fact, I would go so far as to say that it compliments it.

Wow. now that was funny

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wtistudents1.forumstech.com
Chutson
WTI Regular
WTI Regular

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:32 pm

skarekr0 wrote:
Chutson wrote:
Jlong wrote:
lol!

Well thank you kind sir. cheers

WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:28 am

Too bad I don't have a machine to install it on at the moment. I am really looking forward to seeing how long it takes me to decide I hate it! I am soo exited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revtommyrogers.tripod.com/
straboh
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Just downloaded the 7000 build and going to burn it to DVD. I am not going to install it for a while however, so if anyone else does, let me know how it goes and what kind of issues pop up. There WILL be issues I am sure. Some of which may warrant a re-format.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revtommyrogers.tripod.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 beta available fri.   

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 beta available fri.
Page 1 of 1